At CHMS we know the growing process of early adolescence is one of rapid change. This exciting stage of human development is earmarked by demanding physical, emotional, social and intellectual trials. Therefor, the challenge of maintaining a positive self-concept is crucial to the well-being of the individual. We strive to do such through a multitude of objectives.
- Realize the unique needs of each student and will, therefore, provide a foundation on which to develop life objectives and career choices.
- Provide academic excellence through flexible and creative education in order to accommodate various teaching and learning styles.
- Facilitate development of pride in diligence and achievement to ensure growth as a self-reliant member of society.
- Foster a nurturing and secure environment.
- Provide a curriculum which encourages creativity and critical thinking.
- Provide co-curricular and extracurricular activities which encourage creativity and exploration.
- Develop the whole individual--physically, intellectually, socially, emotionally, and morally--through a coordinated effort of students, staff, administration, parents and community.
- Assist students to demonstrate organizational and time management skills and teach them to be responsible for their own actions.
- Teach the necessary basic skills to allow each student to be a proficient and competent member of society while promoting academic superiority.
- Integrate advanced technology throughout the educational program.
We believe these objectives properly prepare our students for the future and allow them to achieve new HEIGHTS!